New as of March 2017 Rules of Play
Visit our Facebook group for more discussion and photos.
Today was a great day! Our buried stockpiles that were plundered from the Iron Mountains thirteen years ago were recovered, melted down, and forged into new coins. Our legion and citizens were able to fend off the bandits and deliver both carts safely to our temporary stronghold.
Stockpiles are still running low, but after our successes today in securing our newly minted coinage perhaps we can start hiring local merchants and craftspeople to replenish our weaponry, food, and magics to take back our duchy.
Althing Minutes for 12/6/2014
- Glenalth made a motion to approve $100 to Shadowcaster for the purchase of pizza for next week's midreign feast. The motion failed 2-4.
- Midreign feast is on the 13th @ 6PM at Domenici Center, West Building at UNM HSC. Maps and directions will be posted on the website, Facebook, and at the park.
- Several people are planning on heading to Wyrmspire (Santa Fe) tomorrow. Details are posted in the threads in the Facebook Group. If you want to take the train, it leaves from downtown ABQ at 8:58 & 1:42 and the return trips leave Santa Fe at 3:27 and 8:12.
- An announcement was made that Kira's dad is a butt face. There seemed to be no consensus on this.
- The althing was opened up to comments on level testing. The biggest issue is still absent guildmasters. While the GMR has been a potential alternate, there was consensus on allowing any reeve qualified person administer a test if the guildmaster is absent.
- Some discussion of dues and what we use them for was had. A motion was made to change dues back to $6 for 6 months instead of the current $10 per 6 months. The motion failed 0-4.
- The planned vote to refund overpayment of dues amounts for the last couple of months was discarded as the dues amount was not lowered.
- Amatiel reported on Albuquerque Comic Con. We are getting 4x 3 day passes, but we will likely need more. She already plans on purchasing 2 more passes herself. However, if we have a fighting pit we will need more people on hand so that both the booth and the pit can be staffed. A motion was made for the group to fund 2 additional 3 day passes at $40 each if the con allows us a fighting pit/demo area. The motion passed 5-1.
- Alucard is running a Toys for Tots tournament next weekend (13th). There will be prizes and coins available to both the winners and sponsors of the winners. To be a fighter or a sponsor you must donate a $5 toy. More information is in the Facebook group and on the website.
- This week is the last call for newsletter entries. We always need writing, art, and stuff.
Hear ye hear ye to all that read these words.
On the day of Midreign December 13th I will be hosting the 2014 Toys for Tots tournament.
The tournament will consist of three categories, short sword and shield, random draw, and open weapon. The format will be best to out of three single elimination.
To fight in the tournament you must donate an unopened toy worth at least five dollars.
Now the way this is going to work we will be auctioning off the fighters.
In order to bid on fighters you must donate an unopened toy worth at least five dollars.
Then we will be auctioning off the fighters to the highest bidder.
Now for the prizes!!
Guild renown will be 10pts per tournament win for whatever class they signed in as.
Prize purse will be 60 coins total, divided among the top 3 fighters and top 3 sponsors
15 each for 1st, 10 each for 2nd, 5 each for 3rd.
Also I will tool a leather belt favor for the fighter proclaiming them the Pegasus valley 2014 Toys for Tots Champion. All toys and money raised will go to Toys for Tots.
Althing Minutes 11/22/2014
- Midreign is 3 weeks away. Details to come.
- Crown qualifications are in 3 months, details will be posted prior to midreign.
- Board of Directors elections for the 2015 term are coming up at the end of the year for anyone that is interested in such things.
- Today's Weaponmaster results.
4th Tie Alucard, Bai Fhu, Gunny
- Bai Fhu was elected as our new Chancellor 8-2.
- Amatiel mentioned that ACC would like a volunteers list for the PV booth. Though we may not know who will actually be there, please let Amatiel know if you are interested in helping. Volunteering would be just for the PV booth, but the con can always use help for the clean-up on Sunday.
Flyers will be needed from all of the area parks.
- It looks like most of the group officers will be away next week, but there will still be Amtgard. Come out and kill some people.
- Druids vs The World next week.
Elections for Prime Minister are this weekend. (11/22) Elections start at 11:30 and end at 3:00 Candidates are Royce E TevisTownes(Bai Fhu) and Alice McWhirter
These people can vote
Lila von Weiss
Previous to the althing, Guildmaster of Reeves Shadydeal and Ducal Chancellor Blaze resigned.
- All present dues-paid members of the reeve's guild were asked if any of them wished to be the new Guildmaster of Reeves. Balder volunteered and there were no objections from the guild. Balder will be our new protem Guildmaster of Reeves for the reign.
- Prime Minister/chancellor elections were to be on the 13th of December. A motion was put forward to the Althing to skip voting in a protem chancellor and to just extend the next term of office so that it begins a few weeks earlier than normal. The motion passed.
- GMR Balder will be running elections for chancellor on November 22nd, 3 weeks earlier than normal. Last day to pay dues and declare will be November 15th, next week. (Note: after the althing, board of directors treasurer Styxx has volunteered to collect dues.)
- Weaponmaster and Dragonmaster will still be on their already scheduled date of November 22nd.
The news of the war is long, and so far, many have given their lives all over our lands. Last week, Legate Glenalth and a small group traveled to the Kingdom lands to seal Pandora's box. While they were away, we found one of the keeps we reside in was haunted by a Dullahan. Luckily, it has been purged, and should never trouble us again.
Today a campaign marched to Gryphon's Aerie. The many gryphons that once made their home there appear to have flown in the wake of raids and devastation. Our task was to secure a cave network, held by bandits. We routed them, and began gathering supplies into this cave network. Through much toil, we managed to secure a large amount of supply carts, despite being beset by more raiders and goblins.
While the goblins are occupied with their sacking of our castles and land, they lack the numbers to protect their villages well. We took the opportunity to launch a surprise attack and destroy one of their strongholds. The goblins seemed to have been tinkering with the Doomstaff, gaining odd magical knowledge. This could not halt us as we unlocked their door, and destroyed the goblins, the raiders, and their chieftain.
This weekend 11/8 the early bird tournament will start at 11:30. It getting darker earlier so lets try to start our park days earlier.
Current standing is the Gladiator Guild. Kyoya 1pt, Talife 3pt, Artyr 5pt.