Althing Minutes July 18, 2015
Clan announcement made, gave notice of the tri park meet up with DS proper for our Road Map to Principality/Confederation status with SFM and WS.
A chance was given to the populace for public declarations: None were made.
The date for the next Tri Park meet up was discussed for the end of August to keep from disturbing folks plans for Clan.
Dame Lila announced that she will once again be the Kingdom Food Fight Rep for Dragonspine and also asked for a volunteer for the Local Duchy Rep.
Finally there was an announcement for a vote in 3 weeks (August 8th) for the use of Duchy funds to go towards Coronation Feast.
Ducal Monarch Lady Amatiel-Cassandra
At Clan it was announced that Lord Bai Hu will be the Local Duchy Rep for Food Fight to start in September.
Due to sudden aquaphobia the Althing to vote for funds for Coronation Feast was post-poned and will happen this Saturday August 15th.
Also, sorry for the delay I got distracted and forgot to post this after the althing was held.
Ducal Monarch Amatiel-Cassandra
Archer - Serac
Assassin - Amatiel
Barbarian - Kriv
Druid - Kierra
Healer - Amatiel
Monk - Bai Fhu
Monster - Xantcha
Reeve - Shadowcaster
Scout - Fay
Warrior - Shadowcaster
Vacant Guildmaster positions:
Alucard for Regent
Confidence - 11
No Confidence - 1
Highland Games Stuff
Bids for Highland Games should be modified to take into account multiple tiers of weapons so that we can sell both cheap swords for the masses and premium weapons that are more like the swords we actually use.
Shayleigh says that she has a color laser printer that can be used for printing flyers for Highland Games.
We will need more wristbands for the event, they must be asked for at a committee meeting.
Combined Park Days
Anatole is organizing combined park days, starting at the end of March. Each month the park would change. First up is Stormfall Mesa on March 29th.
Announcements of upcoming local dates
* Wyrmspire Midreign (Santa Fe) on Jan 25th
* Kingdom Midreign (Las Cruces) on Jan 31st
* Pegasus Valley Crown Qualifications Feb 7th
* Pegasus Valley Althing Feb 7th
* Stormfall Mesa (Westside/Rio Ranch) Coronation Feb 8th (Was moved to 1st after meeting)
* Pegasus Valley Coronation March 7th
* Pegasus Valley Althing March 7th
A motion was made by Glenalth to excuse absences for attending the Dragonspine Midreign on Jan 31st. It was passed 7-0.
Shadowcaster is planning on holding a Magic: The Gathering Tournament
Buy-in is $10 and you receive 4 boosters and some land to build a deck with.
This will be considered a strategic gaming event for the purposes of Crown Qualifications. If there are 3 or more entrants the winner gets a cultural event qualification. If there are 5 or more entrants, the top 2 players get a cultural event qualification.
Our Month of Crown is here. Be sure to have your entries ready for the Crown Qualifications tournament.
* Jan 31st
** Last day to declare if you want to run for office.
** Literature entries due.
* Feb 7th
** Crown Qualifications war and cultural events.
** Last day to pay dues to vote in officer elections
* Feb 14th
** Champion's Tournament
* Mar 7th
Shadowcaster announced that the usual day for Pathfinder is going to change.
BOD Elections are upon us
* Jan 31st
** Last day to declare if you want to run for a position on the Board of Directors
** Last day to pay dues to vote in BOD elections
* Feb 7th
** Board of Directors elections
More Crown Qualifications information here:
Althing Minutes for 12/6/2014
- Glenalth made a motion to approve $100 to Shadowcaster for the purchase of pizza for next week's midreign feast. The motion failed 2-4.
- Midreign feast is on the 13th @ 6PM at Domenici Center, West Building at UNM HSC. Maps and directions will be posted on the website, Facebook, and at the park.
- Several people are planning on heading to Wyrmspire (Santa Fe) tomorrow. Details are posted in the threads in the Facebook Group. If you want to take the train, it leaves from downtown ABQ at 8:58 & 1:42 and the return trips leave Santa Fe at 3:27 and 8:12.
- An announcement was made that Kira's dad is a butt face. There seemed to be no consensus on this.
- The althing was opened up to comments on level testing. The biggest issue is still absent guildmasters. While the GMR has been a potential alternate, there was consensus on allowing any reeve qualified person administer a test if the guildmaster is absent.
- Some discussion of dues and what we use them for was had. A motion was made to change dues back to $6 for 6 months instead of the current $10 per 6 months. The motion failed 0-4.
- The planned vote to refund overpayment of dues amounts for the last couple of months was discarded as the dues amount was not lowered.
- Amatiel reported on Albuquerque Comic Con. We are getting 4x 3 day passes, but we will likely need more. She already plans on purchasing 2 more passes herself. However, if we have a fighting pit we will need more people on hand so that both the booth and the pit can be staffed. A motion was made for the group to fund 2 additional 3 day passes at $40 each if the con allows us a fighting pit/demo area. The motion passed 5-1.
- Alucard is running a Toys for Tots tournament next weekend (13th). There will be prizes and coins available to both the winners and sponsors of the winners. To be a fighter or a sponsor you must donate a $5 toy. More information is in the Facebook group and on the website.
- This week is the last call for newsletter entries. We always need writing, art, and stuff.
Althing Minutes 11/22/2014
- Midreign is 3 weeks away. Details to come.
- Crown qualifications are in 3 months, details will be posted prior to midreign.
- Board of Directors elections for the 2015 term are coming up at the end of the year for anyone that is interested in such things.
- Today's Weaponmaster results.
4th Tie Alucard, Bai Fhu, Gunny
- Bai Fhu was elected as our new Chancellor 8-2.
- Amatiel mentioned that ACC would like a volunteers list for the PV booth. Though we may not know who will actually be there, please let Amatiel know if you are interested in helping. Volunteering would be just for the PV booth, but the con can always use help for the clean-up on Sunday.
Flyers will be needed from all of the area parks.
- It looks like most of the group officers will be away next week, but there will still be Amtgard. Come out and kill some people.
- Druids vs The World next week.
Previous to the althing, Guildmaster of Reeves Shadydeal and Ducal Chancellor Blaze resigned.
- All present dues-paid members of the reeve's guild were asked if any of them wished to be the new Guildmaster of Reeves. Balder volunteered and there were no objections from the guild. Balder will be our new protem Guildmaster of Reeves for the reign.
- Prime Minister/chancellor elections were to be on the 13th of December. A motion was put forward to the Althing to skip voting in a protem chancellor and to just extend the next term of office so that it begins a few weeks earlier than normal. The motion passed.
- GMR Balder will be running elections for chancellor on November 22nd, 3 weeks earlier than normal. Last day to pay dues and declare will be November 15th, next week. (Note: after the althing, board of directors treasurer Styxx has volunteered to collect dues.)
- Weaponmaster and Dragonmaster will still be on their already scheduled date of November 22nd.
Althing Minutes 10/4
* Peasant Rule
Peasant rule will be enforced starting next weekend (Oct 18th)
Loaner garb will be made available, with priority given to new players
New players may play level 1 without garb if there is no appropriate loaners available
* Class Testing
Class testing is required to level.
The official process for class testing will be voted on at the next Althing.
Suggested process for this month:
1. Demonstrate / explain how abilities gained that level worked to guild master.
2. Guild master corrects anything that was incorrect.
Issues brought up.
1. Guild masters may need to test to level up if they are not 6 yet.
2. Guild masters are not always available for testing.
* Look the Part
As the monarch, I will only be granting Look the Part for any people wearing full garb.
That means nothing obviously modern at a distance should be visible.
If you want it awarded specifically for class portrayal and aren't meeting my requirements, please ask your guild master instead.
* Event Announcements
Maize Maze / Las Cruces Ren Faire will be held Oct 31st - Nov 2nd.
There is no camping at the event, but there is a nearby camp ground and plenty of locals usually willing to allocate floor space. ( https://www.facebook.com/amtgardmaze )
Pegasus Valley Weaponmaster and Dragonmaster are Nov 22nd, details to be announced
Pegasus Valley Midreign is Dec 13th, details to be announced
Talifer is requesting articles for the newsletter.
* Other Business
** Balder mentioned that we have been having issues with some players relying too heavily on the loaner weapons and that new players sometimes do not have access.
** A motion was made to excuse officers for attending Maize Maze, which passed
** A motion was made to excuse Belthil for attending Dragonspine Crown Qualifications, which passed.
** Shadydeal brought up that you should not hit people while they are talking to a reeve. So please don't do this.
** Belthil brought up a 3 strikes policy for complaints of people or their weapons hitting too hard.
If you cannot resolve an issue with the player you are fighting, let Belthil know so he can deal with it.
Minutes for various Pegasus Valley business meetings and event planning.